PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING
Whilst much emphasis is placed upon the importance of Project Management, not all of us understand the importance of good Project Planning. Indeed many Project Managers will be required to perform the task of Planning as well. But this task often gets overlooked as a skill because it makes us spend more time on the computer and we fail to see a tangible benefit. On top of that, some of you will still be required to perform your normal duties at the same time.
Whether you are planning a function or planning routine maintenance to your plant, this course will assist you to understand and implement time planning with duration and work components, cost budgeting and resource management.
This course is a unique blend of Project Management and Planning theory combined with just enough computer skills training in Microsoft Project so that any prospective Project Manager will know how to go about executing any given project and how to create a useful project plan.
From this plan, the Project Manager will know what to report on, how to know if their project is going off course and what to do about it before it gets too bad.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
This course is designed for anyone that desires to learn techniques to:
• Effectively launch a project with positivity and confidence.
• Analyse causes of poor project management and learn process improvement.
• Manage their time, budget, resources and quality.
• Establish monitoring mechanisms to sustain these techniques.
COURSE DURATION AND TRAINING VENUE
DURATION: 3 full days
VENUE: Onsite (your premises) or Inhouse (our premises)
PART ONE: UNDERSTANDING PROJECTS – DEFINITIONS
• Project defined
• Project Management defined
• Project life cycle defined
• Project key personnel defined
• Project charter defined
• Project scope defined
• Project planning defined
• Project attitudes defined
PART TWO: INITIATION PHASE – ID THE PROJECT CONCEPT
• Building the project Charter
• Goals: SMART and READ
• Setting project KPI’s in a target chart
• Creating a statement of work with a WBS
• Creating a detailed Project Planning Worksheet
PART THREE: PLANNING PHASE
• Organising your human resources
• Organising your material resources
• Organising your cost resources
• Scheduling using a Gantt Chart
• Scheduling using a PERT Chart
• Assigning resources to tasks
• Estimating task durations
• Cost budgeting
• Effort driven scheduling
• Crashing projects through resource utilisation
• The importance of a baseline
PART FOUR: RISK MANAGEMENT AND CONTINGENCY PLANNING
• When to risk manage and when to contingency plan
• Risk management tools
• The risk register
• Measuring project risks and creating controls
• Communicating risk strategies
• Tracking team tasks
• Categorising Tasks & Notes
• Printing out your task list
PART FIVE: COMMUNICATIONS PLANNING
• Traffic light KPI’s
• Sharing the accountability
• Tracking group tasks
• Making meaningful meetings
PART SIX: EXECUTION PHASE – KEEPING ON TOP OF IT ALL
• The importance of good communication
• Tracking against the baseline
• Maintaining project quality
• Problem solving on the fly
• Editing Gantt Charts
• Updating your progress
• Dealing with Project changes
• Reporting to stakeholders
PART SEVEN: CLOSING OUT A PROJECT
• Reporting: who, what, when
• Learning from your project
• Sharing your results
• Celebrating the effort
OTHER OBJECTIVES OF THIS COURSE INCLUDE…
• Project fundamentals (life cycle, scope and key personnel).
• Create SMART goals & communication to stakeholders.
• Create planning tools such as Gantt and PERT Charts.
• ID critical path & manage resources to prevent project slip.
• Gantt Charts in MS Project (baselines, constraints & deadlines).
• Reports enhancing resource management & measure project goals.
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training ( Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.
- Pelatihan ini dapat di-customized sesuai kebutuhan perusahaan Anda bila diselenggarakan dalam bentuk In-House Training. Untuk permintaan In-House Training dengan jenis topik lainya, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum di web kami.
- Request Training. Jika anda membutuhkan informasi pelatihan yang belum tercantum pada website ini, atau anda ingin memberikan usulan materi yang sesuai dengan tingkat kebutuhan perusahaan anda, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum.
- Bila tidak ada tanggal dan waktu atau yang tercantum sudah kadaluarsa didalam artikel mohon tanyakan kepada kami untuk jadwal terbarunya.