POWERFUL LEADERSHIP COMMUNICATION & INFLUENCE MANAGEMENT TRAINING
Powerful communication is the key to effective leadership. This is a practical ways for workplace Communication in a variety of ways that senior officials should master if they plan to succeed.
Defining Powerful Communication
• Communication is a Skill
• Powerful communicators and great leaders in history
• Communication Traits of Powerful Leaders
• Pulling people in with powerful messages
• A balanced use of inquiry and advocacy in communications
• Analysis of your preferred leadership communication style.
• The powerful communication potential in all of us.
The Effectiveness of a Leader’s Communication
• On power and authority
• Effectiveness of a Leaders: character, conviction, personal examples
• Communication that generates organizational loyalty
• Communicating with motivating language
• Communicating requests: descriptive expectations, time frame, etc.
• Communicating Performance Issues: setting goals, agreeing actions, discussing feedback.
Variety of Communication
• Skills for face-to-face
• Use of body-language
• Skills for telephone communication
• Communicating in writing.
Formal and informal communication
• Planned communication- meetings, conferences, presentations
• Casual communication – face-to-face conversation, phone calls, emails.
• Downward communication
• Upward communication
• Lateral communication.
A Model of Powerful Communication
• Sender planning a message
• Sender encoding the message
• Sender transmitting the message
• Receiver receiving the message
• Receiver decoding message
• Receiver responding based on understanding.
Situational Leadership Communication
• Communication that tells/directs
• Communication that sells
• Communication that collaborates
Communication that delegates
• Communication in situations of crisis
• Intelligent delivery of bad news
• Communication clarity: speaking in specifics, speaking in generalities, speaking in ambiguities.
Questioning and Listening Skills of a Leader
• Effective listening skills to build rapport
• Questioning techniques that aid understanding
• Overcoming the barriers to good listening and feedback
• Masterful conversations with subordinates and superiors
• Conversation and Reasoning – deductive approach and the deductive approach.
Applying Emotional Intelligence for Communication
• Communicating with motivating language
• Use communication to create rapport and build trust
• Credible communications and communicating to be credible
• Caring communication styles
• Communications that motivate.
Communication to Create Employee Engagement
• On-going Communications:
o what the employee gets
o what the employee gives
o sense of belonging
o employee perception of growth and development.
• Communications of a change leader
• Communicating as a team leader
• Discretionary communication
• Plain speaking – delivering exactly the intended message.
Communicating to Bridge Generational Divide
• Care in the choice of colloquial language, analogies, etc.
• Keeping your subordinates informed
• Keeping your superiors informed
• Attention to gender-sensitive expressions.
Writing Competently for Effective Communication
• Planning the writing
• Organising thought before writing
• Researching for facts
• Simplicity and conciseness
• Confused words
• Outdated expressions
• Opinion words and expressions.
• Speaking directly to listeners emotions
• Putting in the energy that enhances your message
• Communicating with precision and accuracy
• How to suspend assumptions and judgement in a conversation
• What to learn from Leaders who talk themselves into trouble.
Today’s communication technology tools
• The internet and intranet
• Social media.
Achieving Maintaining Organizational Excellence
• The goals of power and influence
• Right action in and around leadership
• Investing in people
• Investing in outstanding workplace tools
• Leadership coaching for high performance
• Excellence in interpersonal communication
• Reinforcement of governance values
• Spirit of fairplay versus self-serving ruthlessness.
Maintenance of Authority
• Producing results
• Transforming power into influence
• Selection of appropriate influence strategy
• Interplay of power and ethics
• Techniques of maintaining assertiveness in action
• Coaching, mentoring, sponsorship.
• Leadership in Difficult Times
• Signs of difficult economic times
• Signs of difficult political times
• Leading teams through a period of limited resources
• Radical changes in service delivery
• Issues of morale and productivity
• Opportunities for positive change.
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training ( Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami
- Pelatihan ini dapat di-customized sesuai kebutuhan perusahaan Anda bila diselenggarakan dalam bentuk In-House Training. Untuk permintaan In-House Training dengan jenis topik lainya, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum di web kami.
- Request Training. Jika anda membutuhkan informasi pelatihan yang belum tercantum pada website ini, atau anda ingin memberikan usulan materi yang sesuai dengan tingkat kebutuhan perusahaan anda, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum.
- Bila tidak ada tanggal dan waktu atau yang tercantum sudah kadaluarsa didalam artikel mohon tanyakan kepada kami untuk jadwal terbarunya.