People Management Skills for Technical Professionals Training
This intensive two-day course has been specially developed for technical managers who want to learn the finer skills of motivating, communicating and managing their staff for peak performance.
Technical people can be so engrossed with the technical details of their role that their people management skills often suffer. So, what happens when a technical person is expected to lead or manage a team?
Starting with an exploration of the basic principles of effective management, this highly practical and interactive programme will show technical individuals how to be better managers. Your course trainer will examine the issues that technical people typically encounter when they assume managerial or supervisory roles.
Using real life examples and exercises, you will learn how to motivate your staff/team to peak performance through the use of improved communications, positive feedback and motivation techniques. You will also learn how to hire the right people and how to manage difficult people and conflict for positive outcomes.
Who should attend
This seminar has been created for all those responsible for managing employees or a team, specifically those from technical industries.
Moving successfully from a technical expert to a manager
- Balancing the technical, organisational and management roles and skills
- The psychological and behavioural break required to become a boss
- Legal implications of you as the “proxy employer” i.e. what you need to know to avoid landing your company in it when hiring, disciplining and firing
- Delegation – knowing why, when and how you should delegate
The art of people management
- A quick review of the people skills that will ease your transition to manager
- Walking the talk
- Mentoring and coaching
- Motivation and communication
- Conflict resolution
- Self awareness and intuition
Developing a high performance team: Learning and identifying what motivates people
- Team structures versus individual focused workplaces
- Sales/commission driven environments versus non sales environments
- Professional versus labour
- Centralised versus decentralised
- Office based versus non office based
- Defining critical personality types and their influence on overall performance
Communication is at the heart of people management
- Your new role as “bringer of good and bad news”
- Identifying communication facilitators amongst your team
- What are staff/team members’ expectations of you as a manager?
- Developing your own communication style to successfully manage your relationships
- Communication interrupters – what causes communication “blockages”
Managing and motivating your staff for increased performance
- Learning the different styles/patterns of responsive behaviour
- What can you learn from these styles to improve how others respond to you?
- Watching out for the real gremlins i.e. the real de-motivators
- Having effective performance measures
- Having a system that allows for two-way communication
- Focussing on the outcomes – NOT the behaviour
- Dealing positively with poor performance
- Tips for boosting the overall performance of your team
Developing negotiating skills
- Identifying situations where negotiation skills can be used in relation to people management
- Applying your listening skills
- Using silence effectively
- Developing a win-win philosophy
- Breaking down the unwillingness of the other person to come to the negotiation table
Managing conflict for positive outcomes – handling difficult people and behaviour
- Understanding the how, when, where and why of conflict
- Assessing your own behaviour in conflict situations
- Recognising constructive and destructive conflict
- The secret to handling conflict with ease – listen, listen and listen!
- Listening and questioning to exhaust criticism and identify what the real problem is
- Responding to the victims, complainers, blamers
- Handling bullies, intergroup conflict and interdepartmental conflict
Lecturing, participative discussion, and case study.
- Certificate, Quality Training Kit (Pencil case: Erase, Bolpoint, Pencil, Tipe X, Stabillo, Flash Disk 8 GB), Bag,.
- Training Material (HandOut & SoftCopy)
- Convenient training facilities in stars hotel
- Lunch and Coffee Breaks
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.
- Pelatihan ini dapat di-customized sesuai kebutuhan perusahaan Anda bila diselenggarakan dalam bentuk In-House Training. Untuk permintaan In-House Training dengan jenis topik lainya, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum di web kami.
- Request Training. Jika anda membutuhkan informasi pelatihan yang belum tercantum pada website ini, atau anda ingin memberikan usulan materi yang sesuai dengan tingkat kebutuhan perusahaan anda, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat emailyang tercantum.
- Bila tidak ada tanggal dan waktu atau yang tercantum sudah kadaluarsa didalam artikel mohon tanyakan kepada kami untuk jadwal terbarunya.
- Peserta bisa mengajukan Tanggal Pelatihan / Training selain yang tertera pada silabus penawaran.