Why Choose this Course?
This course covers the three stages of contracting; negotiating the ‘deal’; documenting that deal in a robust, but practical way: and managing the performance of the contract itself. This course will help participants to have an awareness of practices in other areas and other industries, which can add significant value to their own situations. Moreover, the course will also give an opportunity to consider matters from the perspective of the other party to a contract.
This course will feature:
- Gaining a broad understanding of contracts and your ability to use them to protect your organisation
- Examining the latest techniques required in order for you to consider and negotiate contracts with confidence
- Considering principles widely used in international contracting, isk allocation and dispute management in contractual disputes
- Practical tips for business professionals to deal with the consequences of non-performance
- Analysing the mechanics of contracting in the English language
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the need to negotiate the “deal” before structuring the contract documentation.
- Utilise the tools & techniques to assist in such negotiations & enhance the efficient management of contract.
- Assess the drafting and modification of specific contract clauses, using real examples.
- Introduce some of the differences in approach in different jurisdictions.
- Examine ways to avoid disputes, or to manage them successfully.
Who is this Course for?
This course will benefit all levels of personnel engaged in contract management, negotiation, procurement, operations, and disputes. This course is suitable to a wide range of contracts professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Contract Administrators, Contract Professionals and Project Coordinators
- Supply officers, Buyers, Purchasing & Procurement Professionals
- Project, Construction, Cost and Quantity Professionals
- Claims Personnel, including legal Advisers
- Contracts Managers
- Those new to the function, preparing for a major project, or experienced professionals looking for a refresher
What is the “deal” Behind the Contract, and How do you get there?
- What constitutes a contract: form, ingredients and basic structure
- The context of commercial arrangements
- Innovative commercial solutions (e.g. Partnering, “BOOT” contracts etc)
- Relationship between negotiation and contract drafting
- Closing a deal – Authority to sign and agency principles
- Formalities to finalise the contract
Negotiating and Drafting Contracts
- Negotiating Principles in Contracting
- Negotiating in difficult and complex situations
- Structuring complex documents – the hierarchy of terms
- Using and modifying standard forms
- Precedent in international contracting
- Dealing with contract qualifications and amendments
Drafting Specific Clauses
- Operative provisions and performance obligations
- Title, Risk and Payment provision
- Contract variations: transfer of rights, amendment and the scope of work
- Termination, suspension and remedies for default
- Limitation and exclusion of liability, force majeure and waiver
- Law of the contract and dispute resolution
Effective Contracts Management
- Risk assessment and management
- Assignment of responsibilities and kick-off meetings: setting and managing expectations
- Dealing with defaults, delay and disruption
- Managing claims
- Payment issues – including international trade
- Lessons learned
Dealing with Disputes
- Recognising potential problems and dealing with issues as they arise
- Legal rights and commercial outcomes distinguished
- Negotiation structures for internal dispute resolution
- External dispute resolution – Litigation and Arbitration
- Modern alternatives in dispute resolution – Adjudication, Expert Determination, and Mediation
- Overview of seminar, and final question session
- Group Discussions
- Group & Individual Exercises
- Case Studies
- Role Plays
- Action Plan
- Certificate, Quality Training Kit (Pencil case: Erase, Bolpoint, Pencil, Tipe X, Stabillo, Flash Disk 8 GB), Bag,.
- Training Material (HandOut & SoftCopy)
- Convenient training facilities in stars hotel
- Lunch and Coffee Breaks
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.
- Pelatihan ini dapat di-customized sesuai kebutuhan perusahaan Anda bila diselenggarakan dalam bentuk In-House Training. Untuk permintaan In-House Training dengan jenis topik lainya, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum di web kami.
- Request Training. Jika anda membutuhkan informasi pelatihan yang belum tercantum pada website ini, atau anda ingin memberikan usulan materi yang sesuai dengan tingkat kebutuhan perusahaan anda, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat emailyang tercantum.
- Bila tidak ada tanggal dan waktu atau yang tercantum sudah kadaluarsa didalam artikel mohon tanyakan kepada kami untuk jadwal terbarunya.
- Peserta bisa mengajukan Tanggal Pelatihan / Training selain yang tertera pada silabus penawaran.
Lokasi training Pilihan : di Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Bandung, Bali, Lombok, Malang, Balikpapan, Bogor, Batam, Surabaya, Semarang, Solo, Makasar, Banjarmasin, Pontianak, Timor Leste, Singapura, Kuala lumpur .